Image Map

Monday, August 15, 2011

Pork Tenderloin Salad


I hope that you all had a fabulous weekend.  I spent this weekend all on my own, for the first time since I moved to New Jersey.  Since I moved in with boyfriend!  He's away this week, spending time with his parents then off to a meeting in Florida.  I was invited along, but being a newbie at my job, I haven't got access to my vacation time until I hit the 90-day mark.  So, here I am, chilling out in New Jersey on my own.

What did I do this weekend?  Terribly boring things!  Saturday I spent the afternoon in New York City, shopping.  Now that might sound exciting, but I had a shopping list full of boring items.  I was on the hunt for new t-shirts, tank tops and underwear!  Underwear shopping might be exciting for us girls, but I think boys care very little about the actual purchase of these things.  Same thing with my trip to the Gap to buy black and white t-shirts.  Saturday night was spent watching HGTV and eating a huge Panera salad.

Sunday I had big plans to make lots of candy for Candy Challenge 2011.  Unfortunately, Mother Nature had other plans for me.  The torrential rain that poured down all day Sunday was not the best weather to boil sugar, make toffee and temper chocolate.  Instead, I wandered around my new town, stopped by the library and watched a movie at our local theater.

Boyfriend doesn't come back home until Thursday, which means I can take up the whole bed, sleep with the windows open and turn on all the lights when I wake up.  Generally I try to be more courteous, since I wake up at 5:30 in the morning.  This week I can do whatever I want!  Sadly though, there is no one here to taste test my food or bring me drinks when I'm too lazy to get off the couch.  Who will do the dishes when I make a mess in the kitchen?  Come home boyfriend, I miss you!


Pork Tenderloin Salad
Adapted from Cookbook of Healthy Mediterranean Cuisine

I'm working on feeding boyfriend more and more fruits and vegetables, and salads are my gateway food.  This recipe serves 2-3 people comfortably.  With the addition of some watermelon on the side you've got yourself a fabulous summer salad dinner.  So light, you'll be ready to go for a bike ride afterwards!

6 ounces pork tenderloin - all fat removed
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cups baby spinach

Combine ingredients (orange juice through kosher salt) in a sealable container (zip-top bag or tupper-ware type product).  Add pork tenderloin and shake to oat the pork in marinade.  Let marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.  (I went with overnight because of timing and maximum flavor absorption).

Preheat oven to 400 F.  Place pork tenderloin on a foil-lined baking sheet.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160.  (Be sure to check the thickest part of the pork for temperature).  Remove from the oven and place pork on a cutting board.  Let the pork sit for 10 minutes then cut into 1/2-inch medallions.

Whisk together balsamic vinegar, mustard and olive oil.  Place baby spinach on your plates, top with pork medallions and salad dressing.  Dinner for two!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails