Image Map

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad

By the time this recipe makes its way to the internets, I will be winging my way over the Pacific ocean!  That's right, the Wilde household has flown the coop and we're on our way to Thailand.  It's our first trip over the Pacific ocean and we'll be in the air for sixteen hours.  That's one long plane ride.  I'm sitting here, trying to figure out if the whole trip is going to be in the dark, flying in perpetual night.


The way that I'm thinking my way through this "forever in the dark" question is as follows...  We are taking off from New York at 1:00 in the morning, Thursday morning.  We will be flying away from the rising sun as it comes up over the Atlantic.  As we cross the international dateline (somewhere over the Pacific), we will cross into Friday morning.  We will land Friday morning in Hong Kong, effectively skipping out on Thursday and travelling into the future.  I'm like the Doctor!


Catch you on the flip side!  (heehhheee, get it.  I'm on the other side of the world!)

Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
A Wilde not-so-original

There is an Italian deli right near my office.  In fact, I walk there several times a week for their spinach salads.  I always see this dish, sitting in the deli case, and I always want it.  I just have a problem paying $7.99 a pound for a pasta salad.  I think that this entire recipe, all three servings of it, cost way less than $7.99 a pound.  It's so easy to put together and it's so tasty too! 

This is the second recipe from the rotisserie chicken that I brought home.  I prepared you some tasty white pizza on Tuesday and now, some salad!  I tried to keep this one a little healthier than the cheese-filled pizza with the use of light Caesar dressing and whole wheat pasta.  Use what you have in the house, this is meant to be a fast meal!

1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
1 1/2 cups whole wheat penne
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Freshly Ground black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup croutons
1/3 cup Light Caesar salad dressing

Prepare pasta according to the instructions on the box, drain.

Mix everything together in a big bowl, eat.  Seriously, that's it.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails