Image Map

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Triple-Peanut and Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks the following...  This is the best time of year because you have such a great excuse to bake dozens and dozens of cookies.  Seriously!  You bring a batch of cookies to the office in June and people are all "Cookies?  Were you bored this weekend?"  Even holiday-themed cookies through the year (heart cookies in February, pumpkin cookies in October) raise an eyebrow of some people. 


It's in December that I can freely bake to my hearts desire without question from my coworkers.  No, I'm not trying to slowly poison you/make you fat.  It's the holidays!  You're supposed to eat lots of cookies.  Although, I think that if I feed my coworkers lots of cookies, I will eventually look thinner in comparison... 

I was very happy to take part in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap again this year.  It gave me yet another reason to bake cookies... and raise money for charity!  Be sure to head over to Love and Olive Oil or The Little Kitchen and check out the whole group of cookie swappers!


For the cookie swap, I decided to make use my favorite flavor combination - chocolate and peanut butter!  Happy Holidays everyone and I hope you eat lots of cookies!

One Year Ago: Spicy Sesame Noodles
Two Years Ago: Walnut-Strawberry Quick Bread

Triple-Peanut and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from "Christmas Cookies" Magazine

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup shortening
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup mini Reeses peanut butter cups, quartered
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts

Preheat oven to 350 F.

In a large bowl, mix together butter, shortening and peanut butter until smooth.  Add sugars and baking soda and beat until combined and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.  Add flour slowly, switching to stirring by hand when it gets too tough for the mixer.  Add remaining mix-ins and stir to distribute in the dough.

Scoop out 1 tablespoon dough, roughly 2-inches apart, on a baking sheet.  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove cookies from oven and let cool for 1 minute on a wire rack.  Transfer cookies from sheet to the wire rack and let cool completely. 

Try not to eat all of them.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails