Image Map

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Stitch Fix #2 - June 2013 Review

 It's Stitch Fix time!   You still haven't heard of Stitch Fix?  It's like Birchbox for clothes, kinda.  If you haven't heard of it, stop by my last fix post and get the details!  The quick explanation is this...  You fill out a lengthy personal style questionaire.  You pay a $20 styling fee and they send you a box of 5 items of clothes/accessories.  You keep what you want and send back the rest.  The $20 styling fee goes toward whatever items you decided to keep!  They explain it much better than I could - Stop by and check them out!

Now let's get to this months fix!  In my message to my stylist, I asked for cute tops to go with my new black jeans.  All of the tops went well with the pants, but some of them just didn't go well on me!

1. Aryn K. Izabela Sheer Panel Button Front Top - I really liked the idea of this top.  The sheer panels were lots of fun, but I didn't really like the button down detail in the front.  Also, it was super boxy.  This one went back, though I was mildly tempted to keep it.


2. Another Aryn K top, the Giana Open Blazer - When I pulled this jacket out of the box I wasn't really loving it.  I was thinking it was a little too "Dynasty".  But once I put it on with my previously mentioned black jeans, I loved it!  I also didn't have anything like it in my closet, which is where this jacket now lives.


3. I've seen this brand Eight Sixty at Saks off 5th a few times before.  I knew I wasn't going to like this top (Aubree Printed Hi-Lo Sheer Blouse) as soon as I picked it up.  I really don't like the mullet shirt.  Not only was this one a hi-lo shirt, but it was really wide and blah.  You can see I was bored with it.  Back to San Francisco with you terrible shirt.  Also, it had a hole in it.  Boo.


4. I love cheap-o jewelry.  This one wasn't cheap, but it was too fun to turn down.  Enjoy this picture of my neck.  It's not super weird or anything...  The only problem is, it gets tangled up a bit and since I'm kinda OCD, it bothers me and I have to stop and fix it.


5. This Under Skies Cory Shoulder Stud Short-Sleeve Top was the winner of the box.  The fabric is really nice and the black color is quite rich.  Plus it has golden studs on the shoulders.  I look like a tough guy.  Be afraid of me!


I wound up keeping three out of the five things they sent me this time!  I tossed those two boxy tops in the pre-paid mailing bag and dropped them in the mailbox.  I set up my next Fix for July and asked for no more black and white clothes.  Send me color Stitch Fix!  It's summer and I crave color!

Have you tried Stitch Fix?  What did you get this month?  I'd love to see!

What else have I gotten?
Fix #1 - May 2013
Fix #2 - June 2013
Fix #3 - July 2013
Fix #4 - August 2013
Fix #5 - September 2013
Fix #6 - October 2013
Fix #7 - November 2013
Fix #8 - December 2013
Fix #9 - January 2014
Fix #10 - February 2014
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails