Image Map

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Tailgating Time! - Ice Cream Pizza

Are you ready for some TAILGATING!?!???!!  Personally, I'm not really a football fan. I'm pretty sure my apathetic feelings for football come from being a child in Buffalo during the 1990's. While I don't really care for the sport, I'm all about tailgating. Actually, you can convince me to attend any sporting event as long as you promise me food.

Want me to attend a baseball game? Buy me a salty soft pretzel. Your favorite team playing a hockey game tonight? Get me some nachos and I'll watch happily. Football? Invite me to your tailgate party and I'll dress in your team colors.


Over the next two weeks I am teaming up with Perry's Ice Cream to celebrate the beginning of football season with ice cream and tailgating treats! While ice cream might not be the most common tailgating treat, Buffalo fans are used to freezing temperatures and snow! Perry's created their newest flavor - Sundae at the Ralph - with vanilla ice cream, peanut butter footballs, chocolate swirls and red and blue sprinkles! It's so Buffalo.


Watching the game from home? You can prepare this ice cream pizza for your friends and let them choose their own toppings. Not in the WNY region and can't get your hands on Perry's? Simply use your favorite brand of vanilla ice cream and sprinkle on some candies in your teams colors.


Not a Buffalonian and wondering why it's called "Sundae at the Ralph"? Well, The Ralph is our football stadium! Or at least it was until about a week ago, when it turned into New Era Field. I don't know how I feel about the change...



Disclaimer - As a member of Perry's Ice Cream "Inside Scoopers" team, I receive samples of seasonal ice cream flavors. I receive no other compensation for recipe development and posts. I only work with brands that I love and as a hometown Buffalo girl, Perry's is in my blood!

One Year Ago: Homemade Snickers Bars
Two Years Ago: Watermelon Mallomars
Three Years Ago: Faux Fudge Rounds
Four Years Ago: Homemade Coconut milk & chili sauce
Five Years Ago: Congo Bars
Six Years Ago: Peanut Butter Pancakes



Ice Cream Pizza

Sugar Cookie Crust
Barely adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch

In the bowl of a stand mixer (or large bowl with a hand mixer), cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until yellow and fluffy.  Scrape down sides of the bowl.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cornstarch. Turn mixer on low and slowly add dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Once everything is combined, cover with plastic wrap, pressing wrap into the dough and chill for 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a pizza pan with cooking spray. Turn out dough onto the pizza pan and shape into a 12-inch circle. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until slightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire baking rack.  Pop into the fridge and chill for 30 minutes, or until you are ready to make the pizza!

Toppings

1 quart Ice cream
Colored chocolate candies
Whipped cream
Chocolate sauce (I whipped up a quick batch, but you can use store-bought)

Remove the cookie from the fridge and scoop out ice cream in large scoops over the top of the pizza. Press into an even layer with a large spoon. If the ice cream is starting to soften too much, pop it into the freezer for 15 minutes.

When you are ready to serve, drizzle with chocolate sauce, sprinkle with chocolate candies and top with whipped cream. Serve as dessert for all your football fans!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails